ezesdk - anyone interested?

Forum for anything not suitable for the other forums.

ezesdk - anyone interested?

Postby notzed » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:25 am

All,

Is anyone interested in ezesdk? I've had a few dozen downloads but these have generated no correspondence whatsoever.

I've kind of been busy with other stuff (aka sfa) but If there is enough interest I can do a 0.4 release - I have a few fixes/changes here and some more examples. And maybe if there is enough interest a forum under 'projects' might be appropriate?

I've avoided bringing it up in general on the forums because I don't want to undermine the official sdks and/or I don't want to commit to fully supporting it myself right now either. But I see the same type of questions coming up repeatedly in the sdk forums which correspond to the reasons I wrote it in the first place. I haven't been following the "driver" changes so it might break "soon" and i'm not sure if i will keep it up to date if it does - even assuming it can be and the driver changes don't break the way it works. But it works on my board(s) and is the only way i've been using them since I got it working.

For those unaware it's an alternative host and device runtime that replaces e-hal, e-lib, and some of the linker. Final linking is done at runtime which allows for flexible workgroup topology and device support and some other cool stuff without the need for any linker scripts. The on-core runtime is size and performance optimised and provides more features in less space than e-lib.

!Z

http://www.users.on.net/~notzed/software/ezesdk.html
notzed

Re: ezesdk - anyone interested?

Postby Transcendental » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:11 pm

If you can find the time, continued development and a dedicated forum would be good, IMO.
Transcendental

Re: ezesdk - anyone interested?

Postby notzed » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:27 am

Well that was an overwhelming response ... ;-)

I finally dropped a new release half an hour ago. It didn't include as many changes as I thought but it does include a bunch of experiments with 3D rendering I did a few months ago, some of which provide a showyish demo for the box.

Not that i've looked at it or am currently planning to, but from what I can tell (and assuming i haven't missed something) from a brief look at the "new sdk" it should probably be pretty easy to get working with the device driver, depending on the shared memory thing (it's unclear from what i saw whether the driver sets it and would clobber me, up or just the library). Hopefully one can still map the shared memory to a commonly aliased address but if not it can still function.

I have the time, just not the drive atm :-/
notzed

Return to General Discussion